Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The Reason why I blog post

Today I am elated about my blog.A patients mother complimented me for this blog.She said she enjoyed it and of course that made my day.Then while sitting in my OPD I was net surfing myself in google ......and found a guy called Dilip had posted a comment in one of the popular Gurgaon blog.That gentleman had a very weird suspicion.......was it me who was writing my blogs despite being a busy doctor.He wants someone to give a testimony that it is me who writes it for myself.It irritated me 10% but 90% I was all smiles.Just like when you are a teenager and if boy passes a remark you tend to get irritated but at the same time you smile mouth in cheek if the comment has been a complimentary one.
Now the reasons why I write are
  • To express myself....my emotions,achievements,frustrations.It helps me in venting out.In 2009 when I started writing this blog,this was the only idea.
  • As I realised people like my posts I tried to put in real life scenarios about health conditions to make them aware of what I wished to convey without making it a boring article.
  • It also helped me in reaching out to a bigger client base ( though that wasn't the original idea).People who read it and who could relate with me chose to be my patients.So it became a inadvertent marketing tool.
  • In Gurgaon we have a net savvy population where people leave online comments about doc
    tors as per their perception,which is correct sometime and not so correct other times.So if I have a online site where I can tell my side of story if need be  it helps.
  • LASTLY I WRITE BECAUSE I LOVE TO WRITE.......EVEN IF THERE WAS NOT A SINGLE PERSON TO READ WHAT I WROTE STILL I WOULD HAVE WRITTEN AS MANY POSTS AS IT IS FOR ME.(EVEN GOOGLE AD DOESN'T HAVE A PLACE ON MY BLOG....WHICH COULD HAVE BEEN A GOOD SOURCE OF REVENUE FOR ME WITH SO MUCH OF TRAFFIC) 
 
 

6 comments:

Seems Pandey said...

woww..i admire you dear friend,writing is my passion too,but i have stopped posting any thing on my blog since 2011,now getting inspired by you and restart it.
xx
bebu seems pandey

Seems Pandey said...

woww..i admire you dear friend,writing is my passion too,but i have stopped posting any thing on my blog since 2011,now getting inspired by you and restart it.
xx
bebu seems pandey

Anonymous said...

Although being a man i am not your patient but still i love to read your blog posts as they are quite informative and good and we can relate your post to female family members and friends with that way , and also i like your passion to being IT savvy and post on regular basis , please keep it up

Dr Kaushiki Dwivedee said...

Sure Dear Seema....get going .Follow your passion and your heart!!

a mother said...

Ma'am.....it is easy to write about your achievements,but takes great courage to write about the 'lows' which a doctor experiences during her interaction with her patients..hats off to you...just shows a very humane side to the label -"Doctor"

Anonymous said...

Salute to u doc that despite being so busy u take out time to share ur experiances thoughts and ur viewpoint . It helps to build a relation n knowledge beyond 15-20 of appointment..i just love reading ur blogs and few of them r my fav which i reas again n again. Noone wants to visit doc bt u r one doc whom i wish to visit evry month :)))..cheers ..please keep posting whenever i get time :)) Ankita Bothra

Followers