Monday, December 2, 2013

Rahagiri needs to be better organised

It looks so nice.On a balmy Sunday morning ,Moms , dads, children , dogs , Grandparents  and Girl Friends and boyfriends can roam around safely on the Gurgaon Roads.They can ride their cycle and show few tricks as well.Skateboard skills look good too.What to say of Zumba on road.It is so colourful and we already have mimicked the European concept of walking and cycling and enjoying the physical activity for a healthy us and better environment control.

So where is the problem? The blocked roads near emergency services like Hospitals.Not acceptable at all.There is no sign post to say that the road has been blocked.there is no sign post to suggest the alternative road.

Yesterday I was stuck in this whole 'Tamasha' near park plaza hotel and my patient was fully dilated and pushing.It was just God's grace that Dr Deepa Maheshwari was there to attend to her delivery ,but I couldn't make it in time.It can be unsafe.In just my last post I mentioned of Shoulder Dystocia.What if something like that had happened and I was stuck for 20 to 30 minutes just because of ill organised Rahagiri.

SINCERE REQUEST

  • Don't block roads near emergency services
  • Please think the repercussions of your actions
  • Please handle the traffic properly as all Rahgirs reach the venue in their cars and thus adds to chaos .
  • People who load their cars with bicycles ,please see that it is safely chained and not going to affect other people on road and also that it doesn't cover your number plates.Traffic police should Chalan such drivers.
Finally ,make separate cycle tracks and bus tracks.Separate paved area for people who wish to walk.Please don't block the existing roads which anyways are in pathetic situation.
 
I am not trying to be spoilt sport,but fact is fact........even if harsh 
 

 
 
 
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dr Dwivedee to start with i really enjoyed reading your blog.I do like the frank way in which you address issues espl incidents where patients often forget that doctors are also people.I wish i could have you as my doctor however I already have my doctor fixed and have developed a trust in her and would like to continue with that. However i Also agree with you on the Raahgiri being a wonderful concept and also much needed however it would be more appreciated if it was organised better. We also had to visit max hosp on sunday and it was such a stressful affair.at one point we were just juggling between the service lanes of 2 parallel road.When i was getting all stressed about this my husband plainly put it "authorities are putting so much stress on health and exercise in Raahgiri that you are not allowed a medical emergency on that day" Wonder if Max hosp could put some special request for keeping hosp route clear.Clearly in our case it was not a emergency but it could be for someone else.

Anonymous said...

Dr Dwivedee to start with i really enjoyed reading your blog.I do like the frank way in which you address issues espl incidents where patients often forget that doctors are also people.I wish i could have you as my doctor however I already have my doctor fixed and have developed a trust in her and would like to continue with that. However i Also agree with you on the Raahgiri being a wonderful concept and also much needed however it would be more appreciated if it was organised better. We also had to visit max hosp on sunday and it was such a stressful affair.at one point we were just juggling between the service lanes of 2 parallel road.When i was getting all stressed about this my husband plainly put it "authorities are putting so much stress on health and exercise in Raahgiri that you are not allowed a medical emergency on that day" Wonder if Max hosp could put some special request for keeping hosp route clear.Clearly in our case it was not a emergency but it could be for someone else.

Dr Kaushiki Dwivedee said...

I have already requested the management to do the needful.let us see if any things happens.I have my doubts though!!

Followers