Friday, February 12, 2010

Don't Salnder your doctor

Well after a long long day at OT ,I reached my OPD dead tired.There walked in a female 34 years old 'SP'(trying to maintain patient's confidentiality) Who wished to terminate her pregnancy.I advised her an Ultrasound to rule out ectopic pregnancy(pregnancy outside the womb) because it can be a deadly condition.
Now this female doesn't want to get that done for whatever reason,says its her choice and I have to do her termination of pregnancy as she has made a Rs500 invoice.
Now she sits and understands the pros and cons of both medical and surgical termination of pregnancy.Takes well over 25 minutes of my time.Says she wishes to get her money back as she is indecisive about the Ultrasound as my website never said I will ask for an ultrasound.And she leaves my OPD THREATENING ME THAT SHE IS 'MEDIA' AND WILL WRITE BAD THINGS ABOUT ME ONLINE AS TESTIMONIALS.WILL DESTROY
ME:( .I am not afraid of any online bad testimonials but it hurts when people(thankfully there aren't many) who try to act smart,harm themselves and believe that by paying 500 bucks have purchased a doctor and her ethics.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

dont worry
these
so called media cant harm anybody
i deal with these people firmly
everybody knows that u r a very good gyneacologist

Dr Kaushiki Dwivedee said...

Thanks :)

Anonymous said...

I am going to be a first time father and that is the one problem with blogs and the internet - there is so much information and so many experiences, you will get some negative ones. I read the one where you had replied on a blog by a foreigner who was unhappy with Dr. Manvita and the facilities at Max. Is it still true that there are only 2 foetal monitoring machines in Max, with one being obsolete? Really worries me since we are considering using Max Gurgaon and Dr. Manvita.

Dr Kaushiki Dwivedee said...

First of all congrats!!!It is true that at Max Gurgaon we have two CTG machines and 2 dopplers (that means 4 foetal monitoring devices).None of them are obsolete.One of them was surely out of order for sometime when I think that NRI lady might have delivered.
Dr Manavita is a qualified doctor.And as you are considering her as your gynaecologist then I am sure that you have a valid reason to do so which means positive feedbacks.Anyways that is a personal decision(both hospital and doctor),but I can assure you max is safe place for delivery.

Followers